Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymph drainage has powerful cleansing, relaxing, pain relieving and immunological effects. In its manual form, it is a gentle, flowing, rhythmic massage. In any form, it can be applied to a wide range of pathologies, to great effect.
Lymph drainage techniques facilitate the removal of metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules, and foreign substances from tissue via the initial lymph vessels and the venous capillaries.
Lymph drainage relaxes the sympathetic nervous system, reduces pain, and enhances the activity of the immune system. It is effective in the treatment of a wide variety of problems, including edema, skin disorders, headache, sinus congestion, sprains and aches, stress, digestive disorders, and before and after surgery, to remove tissue congestion and minimize scar formation. It is particularly useful as part of post-mastectomy therapy, to reduce edema and fibrosis, and to relieve pain and tension.
Benefits of MLD Massage
- MLD is both preventative and remedial and can enhance your well being.
- MLD is deeply relaxing
- Promotes the healing of fractures, torn ligaments, sprains and lessens pain.
- Can improve many chronic conditions: sinusitus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, acne and other skin conditions.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Relieves fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes and swollen legs due to pregnancy.
- Is an effective component of the treatment and control of lymphoedema and assists in conditions arising from venous insufficiency.
- Promotes healing of wounds and burns and improves the appearance of old scars.
- Minimises or reduces stretch marks.